Wednesday 10 August 2011

*TRIG* Advertising Anger

 
Am I the only person made absolutely furious by these weight loss adverts that came up when I was watching a Russian TV program online? Maybe for some people 48kg is a healthy weight - but frankly, you'd have to be pretty short, because I am admittedly tall but my MINIMUM healthy weight is around 60kg. And as for that one of Amy Winehouse looking skeletal, well, there's no excuse for that. There's just. no. excuse. You can count her bones for Christ's sake! And yes, it is a weightloss advert, not a shocking magazine story about how unhealthy Amy Winehouse had become.

THIS MAKES ME ROAR LIKE A DINOSAUR.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, 48kg is definitely a healthy weight only for pretty short people (or maybe people who don't have too much muscle can also get away with it?). It would definitely not be too healthy for me (personal experience...).

    What struck me more though was the picture of the 72kg person. I think that to look like that and be at 72kg, you really need to be short (and maybe also not have too much muscle). I don't consider myself too tall (though I'm probably above average in the US, which feels nice after being slightly under average back in Slovakia :-), but when I was at 70kg, I don't think (or hope?) I looked as chubby as the girl on the left...

    Just my opinion though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you were 1.6m or less it would be healthy which is roughly the average height in Russia according to wikipedia but I don't know. You'd have to be really short to have a BMI of 20 at that weight like 1.55m or something so yeah. Dumb advert. And the Amy Winehouse one is CRAZYCRAZY.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't be surprised but I am..Then again I don't know sweet feck all about Russia and how they perceive beauty..

    ReplyDelete