Sunday 2 January 2011

It's 2011, dudes

Happy New Year!

I spent the night at the pub where one of my close friends lives, at the party they hold every year. I got quite tipsy lol!

It was a mixed nights, quite full of ups and downs. The ups mainly involved drunken giggling and grooving to the music, although the DJ was a bit shit so we relied on good songs being requested xD I think I requested about 10!

And I've decided, my theme song for 2011 is going to be Firework by Katy Perry :) Just so you know. It's about generally being awesome and letting all your best qualities show, which I think is what I need to try and do this year!

The downs mainly involved getting over-emotional, probably due to the alcohol; I was quite close to tears for a lot of the night, and once we were in bed I cried for about half an hour. Plus it didn't help that at the beginning, I was the only one from our group of friends - so of course, my friend who lives at the pub knew everyone there, and I knew no-one! That wasn't cool. Luckily my best friend from home showed up and stayed for about an hour, we had a good gossip and a bit of a boogey.

Also, it was fancy dress, and I WENT AS A PIRATE. It was a damn good costume too, if I do say so myself. I had the boots, the frilly shirt, the bandana, the gold earring, the gold tooth even, the hat, the sword, the pistol, the bracelet made out of seashells. I don't have any full-length photos, but here's a little taster:

It was quite difficult to get that photo haha, something of a battle of the hats - every time we got our heads close together, the hats would push each other off our heads! Lolz.

Sooo, how were your New Years? Tell me all!

x

1 comment:

  1. Cool costume! :D I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time! Even if it wasn't 110% good all of the time, I hope that you at least could rest your mind from everything that's been bothering you and just relax for a while :)

    My New Years Eve was peaceful and nice :) We watched some fireworks and ate great tasting foods :) I wrote about it a blog entry (:

    I hope you are well, take care! <3

    ReplyDelete