Saturday 6 November 2010

Alright, but scared.

More fireworks tonight, which is fun - I've watched two shows out of my window. :) I <3 living on the top floor at times like this!

Had a pretty good day today, actually, though still a bit ill. Not really able to concentrate, which given that I have two essays to be writing, is not good at all. Oxford doesn't leave you time to be ill! I was in the library with my friend for most of the day, interspersed with expeditions to Hall and to Boots/GAP/Zara for shopping breaks hehe. Also did an audition for Troilus & Cressida, which I think went ok but you can never know really. I need not to think about it! I've had many rejections this term, which is part of the reason why my eating has been so bad - I feel shit when I get rejected from plays, and I don't know how else to feel good about myself again other than losing weight. Ah, gotta love the ED logic. (NOT.) I know that none of the rejections were based on my being a shit actor, it was just down to being exactly right for the part and all that jazz; but still, it's not nice, and I can't help feeling that I should be able to make myself right for any part - I mean, that's what acting is, isn't it? Whatever, I can't trust my own logic at the moment.  That's the other joy of having depression/ED - not being able to trust your own mind. 'Frustrating' doesn't even cover it.

And, ok, there's something that's really freaked me out the last couple of days. As I say, my eating hasn't been great recently, and yesterday was one of the first days in a while that I actually ate properly (because of feeling really ill). And I found myself experiencing the urge to keep eating even after I was full and didn't want any more. Yes, by that I mean the urge to binge. Fairly standard for someone with an ED, right? Wrong, for me anyway. I have never binged, it's just not what my ED is like, and I've never experienced the impulse to before. I didn't act on it, luckily, but I'm pretty freaked just by the urge. Because I had NEVER felt that before, and I didn't understand it. There are probably physiological explanations - I mean, when I first started at the hospital, I was warned that most people with restrictive eating disorders end up binge-eating eventually because there comes a point where your body takes over and *forces* you to eat. But why now, of all times? I'm not very underweight, my eating hasn't been atrocious.
So what the hell is going on?

2 comments:

  1. I recognize myself in what you're writing about feeling the urge to binge. I often feel that way, and I guess I act on it pretty often as well by eating stuff I shouldn't even when I don't need to. Don't know why though.

    Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to send private messages here, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm truely grateful for your comments on my blog! It's really nice to know that someone cares, so thank you so much!

    Much love and hugs!
    //Hanna

    ReplyDelete