Friday 5 November 2010

Happy Bonfire Night!

As I type these first words of my blog, I can see fireworks bursting and glittering over the 14th-Century rooftops.
"Remember, remember the 5th of November - gunpowder, treason and plot." Sounds like a good recipe for fun! Probably my favourite holiday after Christmas, this is.

Yes folks, it's Guy Fawkes here in Oxford - and I'm ill. Typical! Loathe though I am to start my blog on a negative note, this is going to be a place for honesty, so I might as well start as I mean to continue. For the last few weeks I keep getting flushes of feeling really ill, which last for about half an hour/an hour, and then go away, only to return a few days later. Now this might be related to my eating disorder, but I'm actually eating pretty well at the moment, so I suspect not. Besides, I'm not horribly underweight, and when I was I didn't feel like this. The college nurse suspects I might have anaemia, so I'm off for a blood-test on Tuesday. I started to feel ill this morning, and unlike usual, it hasn't passed, so I've spent most of the afternoon in bed. To be fair, I do quite like my bed, and I had some pretty awesome daydreams while I was at it. :)

I'm currently chatting on Skype and looking at Steampunk art. (If you don't know what Steampunk is, go educate yourself. It's a-w-e-s-o-m-e.) Omg, I've just had to add 'Steampunk' to my Mac's dictionary - cannot believe it wasn't in there automatically! Mind you, I also had to add 'omg', so...
I'm having to miss the fireworks tonight, which is highly upsetting, but hopefully I'll be able to go tomorrow. It's cocktails in the MCR tonight (MCR = one step above the JCR, the Junior Common Room in college), which I think I'll go to briefly just to say high to everyone and show my slightly pale face in public.

On another random note, had my first Eggnog latte of the season today - it's officially started! Met up with my friend from school who is now a graduate fresher, and we had a good whine about how much work Oxford is, and how the Bodleian is not what it's cracked up to be. They say it has a copy of every book ever published - what they fail to specify is, that means every book published *in the UK*. And that one copy you have to read in the library, you're not allowed to take it anywhere. What a rip-off! Apparently they're now keeping a load of books in an old salt mine in Cheshire, search me why... Maybe they figure that salt is a good preservative for food, and might work on books too?

Ok, I'm rambling. This is the danger of me going near a keyboard. I shall sign off. Catchya later folks!
Lise x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment, it's great to hear from you again! I'm so sorry for not keeping in touch, but so much has happened in my life! I'm following you blog now, just so you know ;)

    Take care!!
    //Hanna

    ReplyDelete